BALI FOOD DIARY

7:22 AM

Culinary during holiday is a MUST. I always searching for information about recommended restaurant or must-try local food before I go to certain place for holiday. Last summer (August 26th - August 31st 2013) was my second time visiting Bali. At the first visit with my friends when I was in high school, I had no special impression on any food (even now I already forget what did I eat back then, I bet mostly Chinese food).

Usually to find highly rated or most preferred food, I used the help from tripadvisor. Well because my cousins and I insisted to eat something well reviewed on tripadvisor, we had to walk for 2 km long just to find a little restaurant in a narrow alley. It's been too late when we arrived there because we took wrong ways and got lost several times so the restaurant's already closed. :(

Here are some of the noms I had in Bali. Lemme show it to all of ya! :D

EAT, EAT, and EAT in BALI



It's so spicy even though I order the lowest level of spiciness. I still suffered from hot spices -_-
As you can tell from the title "nasi pedas" which means spicy rice so it will always pungent duh!


#2 Sate Lilit / Mince Seafood Satay at Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck Diner) Ubud
This one is very popular because it's one of Balinese local delicacy. This is probably the most delicious satay I've ever tried. :") The delicate flavour of the seafood is great.


#3 The Original Crispy Duck at Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck Diner) Ubud
I like how they dish the fried duck and the rice up together with watermelon and orange in a plate. :)
It tastes yummy but the price is quite high, IDR 125.000 for one portion.


#4 Cheese & Mushroom Pancake at Flapjacks Kuta
It tastes savory. The pancake is soft and the cheese will melt in your mouth as well as in your heart. 
It is perfect for breakfast. :) 


#5 Nasi Jinggo bought near the entrance gate of Kuta Beach
This one was the cheapest food I ate, only IDR 5000. You can choose any condiment you like (there are four if I'm not mistaken). The portion is not that much in a wrap but enough for breakfast. I'm not a big fan of spicy food and this one is too spicy for me. :(


#6 Nasi Campur at Warung Made
The taste is adequate for Indonesian food but the price is unreasonable since this restaurant is already well known among tourists.


#7 Vegetarian Nasi Campur at Warung Made
Oh I love crispy tempe! yums :P



#8 Crab noms at Super Crabby
I am a big fan of crab food. This one is recommended. The crab soup is so yummy, the sauce is neither too thick nor too washy.
The crab eggs were mouth-watering, it's HEAVENLY taste, the taste that I will never forget. Seriously.
You're welcome.


#9 Grilled Fish and Scallop at Ikan Bakar Ibu Mami
The fishes are fresh and they come in perfect grill condition. The scallop was so yum-yum and not spicy at all (though it looks so red in the photo).
All the food are in affordable and reasonable price. Worth it!


#10 Pizza from Maccaroni at  Carrefour Denpasar
Some snacks before we fly back to Jakarta. Delicious.

Okay that's all!
BYE.



What? Dessert?
Ok ok ok


#11 Black Russian Pie at Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck Diner) Ubud
As yummy as it looks in the photo but it's too tangy for me. If I ate it alone I may come home tipsy.
Don't ask the price. Okay I'll tell it.
IDR 72.000 for a slice of cake
*sigh*


 #12 Coconut Cream Pie at  Bebek Bengil (Dirty Duck Diner) Ubud
Both cake and cream are so soft and the sauce makes it sweet. Even though I don't really like coconut, I could eat the whole cake up. LOL
IDR 68.000 per slice, anyone?


Okay that's all my food haul in Bali!

Now I just made myself hungry so Imma make cereal with milk. Bai!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe